Center for a Sustainable Coast|
"Conserving Coastal Georgia's Natural Heritage,
Investing in Our Children's Future"
LIMITED TIME OPPORTUNITY!|
Through the end of this month a matching grant
DOUBLES your generous tax-deductible gift to the Center.
Please renew your support NOW
to get twice the benefit for the Georgia Coast!
Click on Network for Good
to use your credit card
OR send your check and contact information to:
Center for a Sustainable Coast
221 Mallery Street, Suite B
St. Simons Island, GA 31522.
>> Membership Information
How We Are Supported
The Center is supported by a combination of individual donations and memberships, grants, and - occasionally - consulting services provided in support of environmental
programs. At least 50% of our budget over the past two years came from individuals making tax-deductible donations.
The remainder of our funds came from foundation grants awarded to eligible non-profit environmental organizations.
| PLEASE MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION|
USING ONE OF THESE OPTIONS:
1. Click on "Donate Now" link below
2. Send your check to: |
Center for a Sustainable Coast
221 Mallory Street, Suite B
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
| RECENT CENTER ACCOMPLISHMENTS|
Among our many other activities in 2011, consider some highlights:
- Helped stop unwise development of one of the last remaining vestiges of maritime forest in northern McIntosh County.
- Provided unparalleled leadership to ensure more complete, open, and honest evaluation of the proposed Savannah harbor deepening.
- Confronted DNR in court to stop illicit permission of activities that threaten public resources without providing any means for public review or comment.
- Wrote widely-read positions on critical coastal issues published in major media outlets Šincluding the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Savannah Morning News, Atlanta Business Journal (Saporta Report), and Atlantic CoastWatch.
- Worked to advance public awareness about sea level rise and related regional consequences of global climate change.
|IN THE YEAR AHEAD|
| the Center will continue to defend your interests by protecting coastal GeorgiaÕs treasured quality of life. Our activities will include:|
- Closely tracking further evaluation of economic and environmental consequences of the proposed SavannahÕs harbor project.
- Publishing timely commentary alerting the public about permitting decisions, development projects, and legislative proposals.
- Holding public officials accountable by ensuring that environmental laws are followed and the public interest is clearly understood.
- Continue promoting clean energy alternatives and the responsible conservation of land, air, water, recreational areas and wildlife.
- Working to defend GeorgiaÕs barrier islands, including Jekyll Island State Park and Cumberland Island National Seashore & Wilderness Area.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO ENABLE THE CENTER TO KEEP WORKING ON ISSUES THAT ARE CRITICAL TO OUR REGIONÕS FUTURE. |
PS: We have a unique opportunity to secure a grant providing dollar-for-dollar matching funds to support Save Georgia's Coast, a group
of six collaborating organizations (including the Center) in efforts to improve enforcement of environmental laws protecting Georgia's coast.
Please consider dedicating at least 20% of your contribution to the Center toward the Save Georgia's Coast matching grant. |